Re: [ietf-dkim] ABNF: Sender = Originator / Operator

2006-03-10 12:16:54
On 2006-03-10 09:08, Dave Crocker wrote:

email           books
author          author
originator      publisher
operator        bookstore
 [ . . . ]
It scares me quite a bit to have my email operator be vested with apparent responsibility for the content of my email, but, alas, I guess that really is what the anti-abuse work is about.

In practice, the originator applies the signature (thereby taking responsibility) on behalf of the author...so, it makes sense to me.

What do other folks think?

I doubt we'll find anything better -- and I especially like how easy it'll be to explain these terms to newcomers.

--
J.D. Falk, Anti-Spam Product Manager
Yahoo! Communications Platform Team