Re: [ietf-dkim] Concerns about DKIM and mailiing lists, etc.

2006-03-15 22:44:03

This database that you insist is necessary for DKIM to be useful is pretty well by definition a reputation system. So, if as you say a DKIM signature has no value without a reputation system of some limited kind and reputation is out of bounds, I guess I don't understand what you think we are doing here?

creating an infrastructure.

(well, dkim also creates a bit of accountability, by my own view is that it does not mean much without an assessment component, too. but as John Levine noted, it can be a small, internal table of well-known correspondents.)

if you think dkim has larger value, on its own, please explain.

d/

--

Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking