Re: [ietf-dkim] Montreal agenda, other than base

2006-06-08 01:37:14

Jim Fenton wrote:
Stephen Farrell wrote:
Our main Montreal agenda is for a) finishing base and b) kicking
off SSP-related discussions. (a) seems nicely in-hand.

For (b) we'd like to get anyone who'd like an agenda slot to
write up an individual I-D (before the 19th June cutoff!) and then
ask the chairs for however many minutes you'd like. We'll allocate
the time as we see fit however. Your I-D need not contain a fully
worked out proposal for an SSP-like thing, it can simply be a delta
off of the current SSP I-D or anything else consistent with
achieving our charter goals related to SSP.
We do have draft-allman-dkim-ssp-01; is there any problem with using
that as a starting point?

None at all - its even mentioned as such in our charter.

> Or do we need to lay some groundwork first,
such as a requirements document?

Eh...I'd be somewhat reluctant to introduce yet another document. But
if someone wanted to write up an I-D documenting possible requirements
(and non-requirements) for Montreal (i.e. in the next week), that'd be
interesting. I wouldn't like such a beast to be on the critical path
though, if at all possible.

S.