RE: [ietf-dkim] A more fundamental SSP axiom

2006-08-02 14:34:26
At 2:37 PM -0500 8/2/06, Arvel Hathcock wrote:
 > We need more than that: we need a statement of how the receivers are
 expected by the senders to use it. If this is just "I wanted to tell
 you what I want" with no expectation of how that information will be
 used, it's just bluster.

Paul, I may be misunderstanding but does communicating an "expectation of how that information will be used" mean saying things like "delete the message", "refuse the message", "negatively score the message", etc?

Yes. (Well, most likely only the last one, and even then, we might need to be more specific about what "score" means.)

That sounds fairly close to trying to dictate receiver action.

Exactly. Which is why I am skeptical of what many people are saying are "requirements".