Re: [ietf-dkim] A more fundamental SSP axiom

2006-08-02 13:42:02

----- Original Message -----
From: "Arvel Hathcock" <arvel(_dot_)hathcock(_at_)altn(_dot_)com>
To: <ietf-dkim(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2006 3:23 PM
Subject: RE: [ietf-dkim] A more fundamental SSP axiom

So, focus narrowly on what receivers would find of immediate benefit
for an initial round of SSP work which will entice senders to provide it.
I hadn't looked at it quite that way before.  This approach does have
several advantages -- not the least of which is the potential to
actually complete something useful in our life-times.

Man, you made me laugh spit on my screen!! <g>

I just want to know what receiver hat I am today?

A - Developer of SMTP software or related APIs?
B - Administrator of installed SMTP software or related API?
C - Hosted Domains using results created A and B?
D - End Users using results created A and B?

I wish to remind you of what you said nearly 1 year ago, that really strikes
at the core:

Before responding, I want to clear up something that's been bugging
me a little lately.  I've seen the unfortunate habit of speaking
about something called "SSP" as if it were foreign to or a mere
enhancement of DKIM.  In my view, SSP is DKIM.  It is the heart
and soul of the proposal. [1]

Ahem brother!!

[1] http://mipassoc.org/pipermail/ietf-dkim/2005q3/000239.html