Re: [ietf-dkim] How to reconcile passive vs active?

2006-08-07 12:15:58
Steve Atkins wrote:

A lot of the controversy about SSP is based on
false positives - mail that was signed when sent but is not
signed when received.

I know that various people have been looking at the cases where
that can happen, but I don't recall seeing any quantitative
results presented. If they have been, could someone point me
at them?

It's not just quantitative, but qualitative. Quantitatively, we're seeing
about 2% breakage through lists or so. Qualitatively, there's nothing
that we can do to make that zero, and as a given user through a
given piece of list software, the quantity may be 100% (Y! groups
seems to be one of those). Will these cause cases to be opened with
IT? Sure seems like it to me. Do IT folks like new cases opened for
acceptable behavior? Not that I've ever seen, especially when they
don't have a way to resolve it.

      Mike