Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: Requirements comment: Bigbank example description

2006-08-10 07:30:33
On Thursday 10 August 2006 09:41, william(at)elan.net wrote:
On Thu, 10 Aug 2006, Hector Santos wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "william(at)elan.net" <william(_at_)elan(_dot_)net>

Would you remind me how this would work with multiple address in
the From field? [*]

What's wrong with checking each one?  I mean, why allow for a loophole?

Wasn't one of the requirements finite number of queries?

If not then I'd like to send email with 100 different addresses in From
but all within different domains on your dns server to 10,000 random
people. Want to guess how many requests you'll receive?

Sure.  It's too many, but he legitimate use of multiple From addresses is
rare.

We set a processing limit in the design and anything that can't be resolved
within the processing limit fails SSP verification.  Since no SSP lookups
will be required (based on the current requirements draft) for First Party
signatures that verify, I don't think this is a significant limitation.

Personally, I don't think I've ever seen a multiple From message.  I don't
think we should get to hung up about it.

Scott K