Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: Requirements comment: Bigbank example description

2006-08-10 08:43:22
On Thursday 10 August 2006 11:00, Frank Ellermann wrote:

Maybe <http://article.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.dkim/4943/> helps

with lists (last paragraph):
| I think there is some value in distinguishing between "I
| sign everything and never send to mailing lists and other
| known mungers", "I sign everything, but also send to known
| mungers", and "I know I don't sign everything".

Apparently the requirements don't include the last two cases
yet.  If "I sign sometimes" is the default for no SSP, then
"I know I don't sign" is relevant.

For first two cases listed, I think we've organized around a different
paradigm:

1.  I sign everything and anything without a signature from me should be
treated as suspicious (I'm willing to suffer the consequences from message
rejection due to signature breaking).

2.  I sign everything.

For the munger/non-munger approach, how would then domain owner know if it's
users sent to mungers or not?  I don't see how that's possible.

For I know I don't sign, is there a special action a receiver can take if they
get a message with a signature (maybe claranet started signing and you missed
the message)?  If not, do we need to include it?

Scott K

Scott K