Re: [ietf-dkim] Issue: Requirements #9 NOT REQUIRED for 1stpartyvalidsignatures.

2006-08-12 07:33:47
Wietse Venema:
At this stage we are talking about a minimum protocol. You are free
to implement SSP lookups that exceed the minimum protocol. However,
I would oppose recommending SSP lookup in a particularly important
scenario where now such lookup "must not be required".

Hector Santos:
Yes, I think we established implementators lead independent lives and in the
end we will provide the local policy options for administrators to use.  :-)

But for that reason, I would still like to extract why one implementator
such as your astute person as yourself, opposes it from an engineering
standpoint?

Sorry, I think that I have made and clarified my point sufficiently,
and that further discussion will not produce new insights that are
relevant for the charter of this list.

        Wietse