Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: Responsibility concerns with DesignatedSigning Domains

2006-08-27 05:38:31
The provider still must be diligent.  DKIM helps from the reporting
side.  The 2822.From can not be held accountable as it can not be
verified as being culpable.  A designated domain involves trusting the
signing domain.  Trust alone can not be defended with respect to
reputation.

-Doug

Doug,

I am in agreement with you 99% of the time... here is my 1% :)
"The provider still must be diligent."
IMO and extensive experience, some of the largest are not diligent at
all... not because they don't want to be... but because they are
understaffed, underfunded, and underpaid. If diligence is any sort of
hinge pin, I don't expect it to be successful.

Regards,
Damon Sauer