RE: [ietf-dkim] user level ssp

2006-09-07 08:01:03
I sign no mail==I only sign other peoples mail (third party signer)

I sign some mail==I sign some mail from my domain but don't want to be
sued for you getting unsigned spam purportedly from me.

thanks

Bill Oxley
Messaging Engineer
Cox Communications, Inc.
Alpharetta GA
bill(_dot_)oxley(_at_)cox(_dot_)com

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Hallam-Baker,
Phillip
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2006 9:53 AM
To: ietf-dkim(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
Subject: RE: [ietf-dkim] user level ssp

What is the difference on the recipient side between 'I sign no mail'
and 'I sign some mail'?

The recipient will not look at the policy record if there is a valid
signature and if there is no signature the fact that it might have been
signed is irrelevant.

The only policy that has use to a recipient is to know that every
message without exception is signed. Otherwise there is no utility in
the policy record.