Re: [ietf-dkim] SSP = FAILURE DETECTION

2006-09-11 11:15:19
Thomas A. Fine:
Wietse Venema wrote:
Criminals switch strategy, and use look-alike domains to make their
mail look even more authentic than it does today.

If this is how SSP stops phishing mail, we have achieved nothing.

I can NOT stop burglaries, but I still have locks on my doors.  But
SSP is BETTER than a lock:

I you knew my work then you would know better than to picture me
as an "it's not perfect therefore it's worthless" zealot.

DKIM-base can help to give good sites an edge over look-alike
domains (with a trusted signing domain list, possibly maintained
like an ssh trusted fingerprint list).

I see no such advantage with SSP.

        Wietse