Re: [ietf-dkim] SSP and mailing lists

2006-09-12 11:03:26
This probably works find for small domains where you --being the mail admin --
know all of the lists your users subscribe to and can make some educated
guesses as to which lists are naughty and nice. From our deployment at Cisco,
I can say without question that I only have the vaguest idea about a very
small subset, and no clue whatsoever for lots of them. To expect that there
be a good-mailkeeping seal of approval that involves wet rather than software
is... unrealistic.

I don't know half the lists my users subscribe to, either. But your argument still makes no sense to me.

Say you get mail from a thousand lists whose reputation you don't know. You're proposing to ignore the lists, so instead you have ten thousand list contributors whose reputation you don't know either. Why is this an improvement?

I realize you have an exotic application where in effect you whitelist Cisco's mail and everything else is secondary, but I still don't see how it helps you decide what list mail you want.

R's,
John