Re: Fwd: Re: [ietf-dkim] Base issue: multiple linked signatures

2007-01-03 04:31:50
Charles Lindsey wrote:
On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 18:11:06 -0000, Douglas Otis
<dotis(_at_)mail-abuse(_dot_)org>
wrote:

I agree. An unsigned From is a cause for suspicion, but there may
sometimes be valid resons, which the verifier should be allowed to
consider. For example, in EAI the From may get downgraded during transit.
It is not yet clear what would be the best way to get around that problem,
but unnecessarily restrictive "MUST"s are not going to help. "SHOULD"
would have been quite strong enough - no interoperability problem srises.

We are talking about Mail Integrity. It doesn't matter what is the reason for "middle ware" to make changes blindly and hope we can use NEAR PERFECT KLUDGES to secured the survivability of the mail integrity.

The only logical solution is an "authorized" resign. Whether that is practical, thats a different mutated frog that one side doesn't want to touch.

The problem here is we are trying to make DKIM fit everywhere and it simply can't.

---
HLS