Re: [ietf-dkim] Base issue: multiple linked signatures

2007-01-04 05:34:59

Dave Crocker wrote:

Stephen Farrell wrote:
If anything, change this text:

I think we need some text containing no MUST/SHOULD/MAY at all,

The current text was the result of significant discussion and a rather careful effort to focus on the primary concern.

Sorry, I should have been more careful in my typing. What I meant
was the following:

As a result of this thread, the WG consensus on the "MUST NOT" for
"z=" might have changed. In order to see if that's the case, we need
someone to suggest alternate text. I think (maybe I'm wrong?) that
any putative alternative text has to be non-normative since I didn't
see anything like a WG consensus on some specific action to take
on the contents of "z=", so our options seem to be the current
"MUST NOT" or else something non-normative.

When we've a reasonable looking alternative, then we can ask the
change/no-change question.

Stephen.