RE: [ietf-dkim] Base issue: multiple linked signatures

2007-01-04 07:40:33

[mailto:ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Charles
Lindsey

I just want to point out that similar arguments also apply to
the "MUST sign the From header" case.

I disagree, I can easily write a test vector for that MUST so it is emprically
verifiable. Hence it can be made a MUST.

In general we can place MUSTs on senders but its much harder to do this on
receivers. A Must on a receiver means 'if you do this and it breaks in future
we will hang you out to dry if we choose unless you manage to make the practice
so widespread that we cannot ignore it'.