Re: [ietf-dkim] Change to Section 6

2007-01-21 11:11:54

Charles Lindsey wrote:
On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 11:57:57 -0000, Hector Santos <hsantos(_at_)santronics(_dot_)com> wrote:

The statement in question, if anything, which applies to the general case offline or online mail clients, simply states:

    "Delayed VERIFICATION is discouraged after reception of a
     signed DKIM message."

No, it doesn't say that either.

I think that, since this wording is being interpreted in different ways by different peopls, it is a clear case of needing rewriting so that _everyone_ agrees what it means.

I've only seen one person with a contrary view of this so far. Everyone
else seems to agree about what it means.

And we don't have to get everyone to agree. We need only aim for rough
consensus and, so far, I believe we do seem to have that for this
particular change. (But that can change as more folks get to go over
the changes during the week.)

S.