Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dkim-overview-04.txt

2007-03-15 07:11:11
On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 04:07:32AM -0700, Dave Crocker wrote:
The view that -base is sufficient presumes a) quite a high level of
expertise, I believe, and b) quite a high level of effort.  Most managers
and decisions makers, out in the larger Internet, do not have either.

You seem to be saying that a top to bottom strategy is needed. For that
to happen you need to target Direct marketing publications. Writing an
overview doc posted on the net probably won't be read by upper
management.

Consequently, none of the folk in this working group are representative of
that larger community. (Dare I note that even within the working group,
there is often disparity on basic point about DKIM, which -overview ought
to be useful in settling?

So who is overview really for? Management or implementors?

--
:: Jeff Macdonald | Principal Engineer, Messaging Technologies
:: e-Dialog | jmacdonald(_at_)e-dialog(_dot_)com