Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dkim-overview-04.txt

2007-03-14 13:58:22

On Mar 14, 2007, at 1:28 PM, Hector Santos wrote:

Dave Crocker wrote:

The real question
for me now is simply this: will those people who are writing the overview now commit to updating it after SSP is complete? And I for one want to see SSP complete quickly.
Whether the current document is "updated", or a new document is written, or an overview section in the SSP specification itself is added strikes me as a decision to make at the time we need the additional writing.

I could be wrong, but I believe he was referring to backward compatibility issues with a new legacy market of DKIM-BASE only systems vs DKIM-BASE PLUS SSS systems.

Are you suggesting that deploying SSP will break dkim-base? Could you explain how, if so?

Cheers,
  Steve