Re: [ietf-dkim] SSP issues

2007-05-30 20:51:12
Super dumb question: Can we change the model around from a "default does send" to a "default does not send"?

Just as you have an MX to indicate you do accept mail (modulo the historical A mess), perhaps you have an SSP to say you do send authenticated mail with the default being unauthenticated un-SSPed mail is eventually discardable?

I don't see how that could work unless you plan to throw away all mail from non-DKIM users. Some people won't publish SSP to assert they don't send mail. Other people won't publish SSP because they do send mail, but they haven't updated their software since 2002. There's no way to tell the difference.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for
Dummies",
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://www.johnlevine.com, ex-Mayor
"More Wiener schnitzel, please", said Tom, revealingly.