Re: [ietf-dkim] SSP issues

2007-05-30 21:18:30
You're questioning the transition issues. I'm asking where do we want to end up. I'm suggesting that SSP should be designed for our end-goal.

This is the Internet -- the transition will never be over, so something that only works after the transition won't happen.

My strawman is that our end-goal is we don't want to accept mail unless it's authenticated by DKIM. If you agree with that, then SSP should push us in that direction.

I agree that's a fine goal, but I don't see how SSP helps. Ideally, at some point there will be little enough unsigned mail that the benefit of picking through it to find the trickle of non-spam is less than the cost of the picking. We'll know that by looking at our mail streams, not from individual assertions by mailers.

R's,
John