[ietf-dkim] Discussing what someone said about SSP - productive?

2007-12-07 04:23:03

Among the various discussions I've had today, one comment
about SSP struck me
as worth wider consideration:

      SSP is one organization's attempt to tell another
      what it should do with mail that is from a third
      organization.

I really struggle with comments like these, too. I don't believe this is
true but even more fundamentally I don't believe that discussing
"comments about SSP" is productive. We should be discussing how to build
the best SSP and these random comments engender long threads that leave
everyone frustrated and angry.

I think we all hear various comments about SSP but having the list
consider them without an acutal discussion of SSP issues is just not
productive.

(Again I'm attacking the message not the man. Please don't take this as
an ad hominem attack. It is certainly not meant as one and hopefully not
taken as one.)

pat