Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: Discussing what someone said about SSP - productive?

2007-12-07 08:43:48
Dave Crocker wrote:

Michael Thomas wrote:
I'm sorry, but are you suggesting that romania.mafia.com has a legitimate
voting right for their use of my domain name that SSP would take away
from them illegally?

Giving one party a source of leverage on mail from a another is the very nature of what SSP is seeking to do. Certainly it is mail not signed by the first party. This perspective should raise warning flags.

That mail abuse is such an extreme problem is probably the only reason we would consider such a mechanism, but we need to be careful that we do not use it to entirely disenfranchise possibly legitimate mail senders.
I assume you know what the meaning of "disenfranchise" is as you've
chosen to use it twice now. A legitimate user of my domain name is exactly
who I say is legitimate. There is no vote to be had on that issue, and as such
no vote to be taken away. Do you seriously dispute that?

      Mike