Re: [ietf-dkim] Processing SSP issues in January using jabber/concalls....

2007-12-12 09:48:23

Barry Leiba wrote:
Dave, it's not clear whether you actually object to it, or whether you're just concerned that others might have a problem with it, and are noting that it's not standard procedure.

I see these two points choices are compatible.

While a complete answer would prompt us to wander into much larger issues, let's leave it at:

Before we declare a requirement for a conference call effort, we should pursue attempting to resolve Issues on the list, in order to assure both the widest possible participation and better time for contemplation. Real-time exchanges are useful when folks largely or completely understand issues. Because they take place over a long time, lists are better for contemplation and for offlist (hallway) discussion.

Since a number of the Issues involve conceptual points, I believe the group needs to first use the more deliberative mode of discussion.

Please do note that I did say "widest possible participation". Although formally open participation, and not nearly as restrictive as a face to face meeting, a conference call does serve to limit participation. The logistical issues unavoidably act as a filter.

d/

--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking