Re: [ietf-dkim] ISSUE 1525 -- Clarification about posting by first Author

2008-01-17 07:21:29
John L wrote:
As I think has been hashed out before, it's utterly impossible to keep people from creating lookalike domains.

And as I think has been hashed out before, if we attempt to boil the ocean, which is what you're suggesting, we will fail. There are CLEARLY UI issues for which the UI will need to take responsibility. The alternative is to throw the baby out with the bath water, because simply SOMEONE taking responsibility for the message mandates the need to establish reputation of that someone, and there is no proposal on the table that is incrementally deployable to that end.

Eliot