Re: [ietf-dkim] ISSUE 1525 -- Clarification about posting by first Author

2008-01-17 08:06:37
Actually, all I was going to suggest was that if SSP purports to manage addresses on the From: line, it should manage all of them rather than arbitrarily giving N-1 of them a free pass.

Ah. I see. So you would require N DKIM signatures (where N is the number of domains found)?

If all of the domains publish SSP saying they sign all their mail, sure. What else would make sense?

But all of this being said, you said you were about to propose protecting all addresses in entire From: line. I think that would be a great idea. Why not send text, being mindful that we have to be careful of potential reflection attacks through this mechanism?

Reflection attacks?  How would a few TXT queries make that happen?

R's,
John