Re: [ietf-dkim] Seriously.

2008-01-22 12:18:27
Barry Leiba wrote:
Yeah. I'm speaking here not as DKIM working group chair, nor as DKIM
working group participant, but as a member of the IAB: in that capacity, I would look VERY skeptically at any attempt to say that DKIM doesn't have to support something that's in the RFC2822 standard, on the basis that either (1) "no one uses it" or (2) "it doesn't interoperate well in the first place".

I'm sympathetic to the idea that we'd like not to spend a lot of time on an aspect that's pretty much never going to show up... on a "corner case". But saying that we can ignore that aspect is just not on. I would hope that Lisa or Chris, or both, would send up a DISCUSS if that happened.

This debate has all of the qualities of an academic debate: why is it
so vicious? because the stakes are so low. Seriously.

                Mike