Re: [ietf-dkim] protecting domains that don't exist

2008-04-11 16:54:07

Jim Fenton wrote:
Arvel Hathcock wrote:
 > So what's the point of importing it into ADSP?

The point is so we can make certain that those who aren't currently
employing the practice will do so and to make sure that the practice
gets itself into a standards document from this body so that we don't
have to guess whether it's being used or not.

That's an excellent point:

Indeed it is.  It crystalized one of the very basic problems with our trying to
add this mechanism.

It's called feature creep. It is also entirely outside the scope of this
working
group.

Really. It has nothing to do with DKIM and nothing to do with Author Domain
*signing*.

Really.  A working group's protocol specification effort is supposed to be
guided by more than a current feeling that it should tell folks what is good
for
them.

d/

--