Re: [ietf-dkim] Moving to consensus on draft-ietf-dkim-rfc4871-errata

2009-03-20 18:03:30
So while I'm on the cooperation and productivity bit....
To everyone: Please say what you mean calmly and clearly, so there's
less chance of misunderstanding or the taking of offense where none
was meant.  And please don't mean offense, either, of course.  "Digs",
snarkiness, and passive-aggressiveness won't keep us moving forward.

Barry, what prompted this?

Nothing terribly special... mostly two points:

1. The way Mike made his point left lots of room for people to take it
in different ways, and I wanted to remind folks to be clear.

2. Over time, various participants have angered various others, often
leading to offline (and sometimes online) complaints.

I just wanted to use the opportunity to remind everyone that snark
doesn't help, even if it momentarily makes one feel good.  The
reminder wasn't addressed specifically.

Barry