Re: [ietf-dkim] Moving to consensus on draft-ietf-dkim-rfc4871-errata

2009-03-20 11:14:58
DKIM Chair wrote:
My apologies for the delay in this; I meant to send this early this week,
after
getting back in town, but... then I didn't get to it.

The chairs appreciate the view that the "errata" draft makes a lot of
changes.
Nevertheless, the view that those changes are too great... is quite a
minority
view.  The only concrete objection we've seen in this latest round is about
the
"UAID" term, and that appears to be resolved by making it "AUID".

Beyond that, I've seen no clear objections and no alternative text proposed.
Rough consensus appears to be with the "errata" draft, with the "AUID" change
made to it.  So there it is.

   Um, the reason I didn't say anything is because of how the question
   was phrased. Rather like: "would you prefer your poison on the rocks,
   or straight up?". As I've said many times, the non-Crocker-inserted
   parts of the errata are not controversial. Nuking his parts in the
   entirety would be by far the most expeditious and would easily fit
   within the errata framework.

   Only having the choice of a poison pill or nothing just plain sucks.

                Mike