Re: [ietf-dkim] Features that could be reconsidered as part of the bis process

2009-05-22 07:58:20
One of the reasons l= came to be was that we wanted to have as many
valid signatures out there as quickly as possible, so as to provide a
reasonable alternative basis for reputation.  There was the presumption
that the mailing list software would lag, and it has.  Now we know that
one MAJOR piece of mailing list software can be made to behave, and we
know how to accommodate it if it doesn't.  But in order to preserve the
signature, everyone would essentially have to start using l=.  I think
that is the real question on the table, as to whether that is
advisable.  There are legitimate reasons to say that it is, and other
reasons to say that it is not.

Eliot