[ietf-dkim] let's screw up a good thing

2009-05-22 17:39:16

I just don't get it. It seems to me that people who are advocating
changing the spec are
doing it in a complete vacuum of the wide deployment out there. Is DKIM
broken?
Manifestly not even a little which is quite remarkable.

Every single suggestion has been debated in the past, and every
suggestion if adopted
would cause a wave of incompatibility problems. Any supposed
"simplification" of
the spec would be radically outweighed by dealing with the complexity of
those
incompatibilities. So "simplification" is not a valid argument.

So what is the real motivation here?  Is the real intent to cripple
further deployment?
Or maybe people don't have enough to do with their day jobs? Or maybe
the thrill
of making dev managers lives suck is just irresistible?

If not, what?

       Mike