Re: [ietf-dkim] let's screw up a good thing

2009-05-22 20:02:39
Michael Thomas:

I just don't get it. It seems to me that people who are advocating
changing the spec are doing it in a complete vacuum of the wide
deployment out there. Is DKIM broken? Manifestly not even a little
which is quite remarkable.

Every single suggestion has been debated in the past, and every
suggestion if adopted would cause a wave of incompatibility
problems. Any supposed "simplification" of the spec would be
radically outweighed by dealing with the complexity of those
incompatibilities. So "simplification" is not a valid argument.

So what is the real motivation here?  Is the real intent to cripple
further deployment? Or maybe people don't have enough to do with
their day jobs? Or maybe the thrill of making dev managers lives
suck is just irresistible?

If not, what?

This is not a discussion. This is an accusation. I will not play
your game, and I can only hope that others won't either.

        Wietse