Re: [ietf-dkim] Is anyone using ADSP? - bit more data from the receiving side

2009-10-13 13:06:25
-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org [mailto:ietf-dkim-
bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of John R. Levine
Sent: Monday, October 12, 2009 7:24 PM
To: Daniel Black
Cc: ietf-dkim(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] Is anyone using ADSP? - bit more data from the
receiving side

I can assure you that Paypal and eBay are quite aware of DKIM and ADSP,
and I have personally heard them encourage ISPs to drop unsigned mail
purporting to be from them due to the amount of forgery.  Nonetheless,
they don't publish ADSP.  This tells me that I'm not the only one who
thinks that there isn't a business case for ADSP.

Another data point: Google Mail won't use ADSP because they will not discard
someone's mail outright without a written agreement from the sending domain
agreeing to same, absolving them of responsibility for mail that never arrives.