Re: [ietf-dkim] Why mailing lists should strip DKIM signatures

2010-04-23 17:06:26
Al Iverson wrote:
On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 3:58 PM, John Levine <johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com>
wrote:
But John made a private arrangement with Yahoo that if there was a
complaint about a mail and he DKIM signed it then Yahoo should send the
complaint to him as part of it's FBL offering. They did exactly what he
asked them to do.
Indeed, and if you review my previous mail I believe you will find
that's exactly what I said.

The problem isn't that Yahoo is doing anything wrong.  The problem
is that leaving signatures on list mail leads to bogus results.

And complaints you can't really take action on. It's not your mailing
list, so you cannot prevent further mail to the recipient.

Sure you can. If one of your users is spamming, this would be interesting
too. The problem here is that John apparently doesn't like the service that
Y! provides, and instead of taking that up with Y! he's decided to blame it
on DKIM.

Mike