Re: [ietf-dkim] Wrong Discussion - was Why mailing lists should strip DKIM signatures

2010-04-27 13:10:45
On Apr 27, 2010, at 1:50 PM, Dave CROCKER wrote:

On 4/27/2010 10:40 AM, McDowell, Brett wrote:
That's how I see it.  The key is that Y *validates* the DKIM signature and
processes the sender's ADSP

Where is this going to be supported?  That is, how widespread does anyone
believe that support for this scenario will be?  Why?

I'm not sure if you were asking this as a rhetorical question in an attempt to
imply that such adoption would be low, or if you actually expected some of us
who may have non-public knowledge of such plans to disclose them to this public
mail list, or if you were soliciting speculation.  In any event, I can only
speculate.

But since both Yahoo! and Google already validate DKIM and (with certain
senders anyway) enforce "discardable", it's no great stretch of the imagination
that they might support something like what we've articulated above for their
Google Groups/Yahoo! Groups services.

Why might they do it?  For all the same reasons they do DKIM blocking today...
whatever those reasons may be.