Re: [ietf-dkim] Wrong Discussion - was Why mailing lists should strip DKIM signatures

2010-04-27 14:13:13

On 4/27/2010 12:04 PM, McDowell, Brett wrote:
On Apr 27, 2010, at 2:57 PM, Dave CROCKER wrote:
For any specification, it helps to hear from the folks who will write the
software and from the folks who will deploy and use it.

But I interpreted your earlier comment as indicating that Google and Yahoo
were irrelevant and/or non-representative for the sake of this exercise.

I think the confusion is the difference between hearing individual examples,
versus extrapolating them to the larger community.  Yahoo and Google are
important and useful.  But they are not representative.

So I'm trying to understand who you would consider relevant and
representative for the sake of gauging interest in this use case.

There is a large world of people who develop MLM software and a much larger
world of people who operate MLM services.  If we are specifying rules for them,
it would help to hear from them, that they are interested in implementing what
we direct them to implement.

Since I haven't been the one espousing change for MLMs, I'm hesitant to be the
one to try to specify who folks want to have implement this.

d/
--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking