Re: [ietf-dkim] Wrong Discussion - was Why mailing lists should strip DKIM signatures

2010-04-27 14:06:48
On Apr 27, 2010, at 2:57 PM, Dave CROCKER wrote:

On 4/27/2010 11:48 AM, McDowell, Brett wrote:
Who do you feel we need to hear from at this stage to gauge interest?

For any specification, it helps to hear from the folks who will write the
software and from the folks who will deploy and use it.

But I interpreted your earlier comment as indicating that Google and Yahoo were
irrelevant and/or non-representative for the sake of this exercise.  But they
write code and deploy mail systems that touch hundreds of millions of people.
So I'm trying to understand who you would consider relevant and representative
for the sake of gauging interest in this use case.

I'd be happy to talk to them about it, once I know who they are.

"If we specify it, they will come" is a very risky approach to standards
making.
 c.f, <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/misc/outcomes/>.

d/

--