Re: [ietf-dkim] DKIM Usefulness

2010-08-16 15:01:01
Please note, these are honest questions because every quarter I have
to decide what new finished work and features are going to be part of
our quarterly software updates and revisions.  DKIM continues to be
something to consider, "to add, not add or push aside again" because I
can not find a concrete reason to add it - a payoff, some usefulness
that can get extracted from it, something we can document for the
layman customer base can grasp and begin to use.

So if Dave Crocker refuses to respond to my question, can anyone else
show this "usefulness" value, how it is measured in their own
implementation?  What extra technology are you using, if any, to get
this usefulness?

--
Hector Santos, CTO
http://www.santronics.com

Hector Santos wrote:
Dave CROCKER wrote:

Daniel Black stated:

Recipients are an important aspect of the message flow and an
attempting to define a benefit to them from DKIM is an element of
what I'm attempting to define.

That's clear.  It's also beyond the skillset of this group.  It's also
not required for DKIM to be useful.

Can you provide information or evidence that exhibits DKIM usefulness
and how is the usefulness accomplished?

What augmented technology, method or skillset is required in order to
get the usefulness you see?

If this a future usefulness scope or is it something we can use today?

I ask because I am still looking for a payoff and justification to
support and add it to our mail software and what components within the
framework. I am having a hard time seeing DKIM usefulness.