Re: [ietf-dkim] party list it's whatever

2010-09-15 14:58:00

On 9/15/2010 12:32 PM, John Levine wrote:
S/MIME has 2nd party signatures, where you encrypt something using the
recipient's public key.  ADSP has no equivalent.

Signatures means authentication.  authentication uses the sending-side private
key.  Receive-side public keys are used for privacy, not authentication.

Here's where you get to supply the point that a) defines 2nd party sig for
s/mime, and b) makes clear that I'm wrong...

As of now, I've no idea what your statement about S/MIME means.

d/
--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking