Re: [ietf-dkim] DKIM+ADSP = FAIL, and it's our fault

2010-09-15 10:37:14

On Sep 15, 2010, at 11:02 AM, Jeff Macdonald wrote:

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 10:43 AM, McDowell, Brett
<bmcdowell(_at_)paypal-inc(_dot_)com> wrote:
On Sep 15, 2010, at 12:11 AM, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:

Based on that (rather precise) description, aren't ADSP's requirements a
proper subset of the DKIM requirements?  If so, I'm not sure I agree with
"badly conflicting", but it does frame future discussion quite nicely.

For example, if DKIM enables the identification of mail streams, isn't the
one ADSP covers just a specific instance of a mail stream?

BTW, one thing I think we can agree on and find value from in these
pre-deployment email discussions is terminology.  I ran into a problem at
the last MAAWG during a panel discussion where my understanding of
"3rd-party signature" is what someone else meant by "2nd-party signature".
What is the real definitions of "1st-party", "2nd-party" and "3rd-party"
signatures in the context of DKIM and ADSP, i.e. in the context of i= and d=
and from: values?

I believe only the ADSP documents talk about 3rd party, and it is
defined as d= not From Domain.

These are 3rd party:

DKIM-Sig: ... d=dkim.bar.com