Re: [ietf-dkim] DKIM+ADSP = FAIL, and it's our fault

2010-09-16 13:37:14
 Hi J.D.,

What an interesting conversation you've stoked!

On 9/14/10 9:35 PM, J.D. Falk wrote:
...but not for the reasons the anti-ADSP folks keep bringing up.

DKIM is failing because every discussion about actually /using/ DKIM
inevitably gets stuck in the same old argument about ADSP.  Doesn't even
matter what the argument is about anymore; it stops all forward progress
every time.  And we keep letting it happen -- actively participating, even,
including me.

Continuing to argue these same points over and over is disrespectful of our
colleagues both on and off this list, and of the IETF process.

Without getting all emotional about all of this, I would think first
things first.  If we could sort the identification of the {user domain
entry point or enterprise root/top level or whatever you want to call
that thing above .ac.uk or .com or sf.ca.us} domain, and it is something
that we would like to have, then that will offer us a number of
interesting opportunities.  Thanks to Dave Crocker for not letting that
one go.  It's work that needs doing, albeit perhaps not here, even
though we may benefit.  FWIW I have some thoughts as to how this might
go, if some people are interested.  I will *not* be in Beijing to
discuss them, but would be happy to do so if folks want to hear about them.

Eliot