Re: [ietf-dkim] Corner cases and loose ends, was , draft-vesely-dkim-joint-sigs

2010-09-27 13:40:38
-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Al Iverson
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2010 11:18 AM
To: DKIM List
Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] Corner cases and loose ends, was ,
draft-vesely-dkim-joint-sigs

It's hard to imagine a large, DKIM-checking mail provider, like, say,
Yahoo, doing that mid-transaction.

I think the options being discussed are:

a) Accept the whole message and then take DKIM validation and filtering action
after returning 250 to DATA; or

b) Return a 5xx to DATA after doing DKIM validation when being strict about
DKIM or ADSP.

I don't think anyone is suggesting to break the SMTP sequence.

Do you have any data/insight on how to quantify "common as dirt"? I'm
doubtful of your claim without it.

Both implementations exist.  In fact, OpenDKIM can be set to operate in either
mode listed above.