Re: [ietf-dkim] Corner cases and loose ends, was , draft-vesely-dkim-joint-sigs

2010-09-27 13:08:09
On 09/27/2010 10:58 AM, Michael Thomas wrote:
On 09/27/2010 10:38 AM, John R. Levine wrote:
Ignorance is bliss, I guess, especially when it comes to pontificates.
That's what every implementation of DKIM for MTA's, both open source and
commercial that I'm aware of does, though some do and don't do the ADSP
lookup. News at 11: email is still delivered, with little to no
observable
impact.

It is not my impression that they all do the full DKIM validation while
the SMTP session is open. Mine doesn't.

You would be completely wrong in your impression.

Source is your friend.

Oh, I see John weaseled from "nobody does that" to the unprovable
"not everybody does that". In any case, John is completely wrong
with his assertion that doing DKIM/ADSP validation at SMTP time
is somehow even vaguely untenable. It isn't. It's common as dirt.

Mike