Re: [ietf-dkim] Corner cases and loose ends, was , draft-vesely-dkim-joint-sigs

2010-09-28 07:58:47
Ian Eiloart <iane(_at_)sussex(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk> writes:

Oh, but I already know that my MLM is going to break any message with a
signed body. UK law practically mandates the addition of unsubscription
information in a message footer. We certainly require it locally.

Why does it have to be in the footer when (for many MLMs) it is also in
the List-Unsubscribe: header[1]? The 'excuse' that MUAs do not display
the header details does not hold water as the MLM footer would come
after the '-- ' author's signature separator and some MUAs will not
display the signature and if the original email was multipart/alternate
does the unsubscription information have to be included in all (normally
text/plain and text/html) alternatives?

[1] Which does not break the author's DKIM signature.