Re: [ietf-dkim] Corner cases and loose ends, was , draft-vesely-dkim-joint-sigs

2010-09-29 05:35:42

"John R. Levine" <johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com> wrote:

The law requires that there be an easy to use address for unsubscribing.
The List-unsubscribe header: would do the job nicely, if the majority of
people were using mail clients that expose it by default. I don't know of
any mail client which does that.

pine/alpine does, but I agree, most MUAs don't show headers other than To,
From, Cc, and Subject.

This might be a good time to remind people that MLMs in their current form
are not broken, and any proposal that requires them to stop doing
something that they're currently doing, like rewriting messages or adding
message tags, is a non-starter.

Since nothing requires anyone do anything with respect to DKIM, I'm hard
pressed to imagine something that doesn't meet that requirement.

Scott K