Re: [ietf-dkim] THIS IS A MULTIPLE 5322.FROM MESSAGE

2010-10-07 18:32:00

On 10/7/2010 4:18 PM, SM wrote:
RFC 5322 specifies a format for Internet mail.  I don't see what
could be changed in there as this discussion is not about an issue
with the format.

5321 and 5322 are component specifications, although of course they do have
/some/ systems integrative text. But their attention to implementation issues
is
restricted to the scope of their protocol and format work.

One might wish for a broader, systems oriented document that discusses how the
components fit together and explains where systems-level and end-to-end issues,
such as the one being described here, might get resolved.

Darn.  That would probably require normative status for such a document.

Hmmm.  I wonder where the closes approximation might be...

d/
--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking