Re: [ietf-dkim] Last call comment: Changing the g= definition

2010-10-14 08:12:31
Even though I supported the addition of wording on how to improve the
compatibility with DomainKeys records, I would support removing the new
proposed section 3.6.1.1 for the reasons Dave brings up. But I'd like to
ask the question: Is it still worth changing that section into a WARNING
for people upgrading from DomainKeys, saying to make darn sure that they
REMOVE g=; in their old DNS records because of interoperability issues?

So the question becomes: if we remove the section on how DKIM and DK can
play nice together, 1) do we chop out all references to DomainKeys, or
2) do we keep a short warning on what needs to be changed in the DK
record to make it work with DKIM?

     Tony Hansen