Re: [ietf-dkim] ISSUE: 3.6.2.1 - Working with other TXT records

2010-10-15 16:42:30
  On 10/15/10 10:58 AM, Barry Leiba wrote:
 On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 1:27 PM, Hector Santos <hsantos(_at_)isdg(_dot_)net>
 wrote:
Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:

I appreciate the desire to put more information in there to
help, but we really can't be writing a tutorial on managing DNS
records.

+1. However, I'd be fine with adding some informative guidance
to DKIM implementers reflecting current experience, something
like: "The use of wildcard TXT records in the DNS often result in
something coming back from a query that isn't a valid DKIM key
record (and ADSP will encounter the same thing). Verifiers
should expect this to occur and plan accordingly."

Thank you Murray. Something small and sweet will be useful, and
your text is good enough.

 Good; we have a start. Will others please indicate support (or not)
 for adding this or similar text ?

+1

-Doug