Re: [ietf-dkim] detecting header mutations after signing

2010-10-20 10:54:46

--On 20 October 2010 15:12:47 +0100 Charles Lindsey
<chl(_at_)clerew(_dot_)man(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk>
wrote:

When I said good, I meant credible, not just one that mechanically
validates.  I hope that we all agree that a signature from a domain about
which one knows nothing is not usefully different from no signature at
all.

A reputation service can only say that a domain is
    BAD
    GOOD
or NO EVIDENCE AVAILABLE EITHER WAY.

Actually, a reputation service could offer a score that's more subtle than
good/bad.

And, it could offer address reputation rather than domain reputation. That
would be far more suitable for domains like the large email service
providers, which have a mix of good and bad users.

<http://www.dkim-reputation.org/start/> offers address based reputation
service. I've not used the service, so can't vouch for it.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex